Monday 10 November 2008

Glass Bubbles and teaching.

I was delighted when an early review of Words from a Glass Bubble' described it as being a collection illustrating 'how the short story ought to be written nowadays' or words to that effect. (Tim Love's Literary References)

I heard this week that a tutor on a University Creative Writing course is using it next year as a set text. And today, I heard that a second CW teacher is using some of my story openers to inspire new writers to take their version of the story forward, with some good results.

To say I am delighted that my work is being used like this is an understatement.

Thank you to both, if you are reading.

5 comments:

Charles Lambert said...

Congratulations, Vanessa!

Sarah Hilary said...

Congratulations, Vanessa, great news and perfectly deserved. xx

Nik Perring said...

Fantastic!

Douglas Bruton said...

What an accolade... I know sales puts money in the purse... but you can't put a price on this... stuff I studied at school and uni never leave me... just think of all these students carrying your stories around in their heads... for the rest of their days.

Great stuff, V.

Best

D

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Thanks all... just goes to show what a hopeless business person I must be... I had figured the group at Uni would be quite small. I dont mind. Its the fact that it has been chosen for next year, out of all the ones it might have been, means a lot.