Thursday 22 October 2009

Bridport - 2009 - simply brilliant


Just to be thoroughly annoying, I will reveal that I have this year's Bridport Prize anthology file on my desk. (To enable me to prepare for the prizewinners' event on 22nd November, at Bridport Lit Fest) And how wonderful the stories are... especially by the two friends who are runners-up this year, you stunning people!
(Here, I am grinning, and will not be bribed, even with real chocolate money...)
And the poems... I have decided to carry on learning poetry by reading. Reading, reading - and what better place to start an immersion course.
I award everyone concerned a virtual 'excellence' medallion. In chocolate, of course.
.
(Chocolate medallions and lots more, from HERE)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love chocolate money :)

Does that mean the winners have been told?

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Hi Jessica - yes, they have, a while back. I've seen a blog post from a shortlistee as well, told more recently, I think.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all concerned! Oh, and choc money, too, although the real thing'll come in handy.
Look forward to hearing more of the laureates.