Sunday 14 February 2010

VALENTINES DAY WITH LEMN SISSAY

Not really! But Lemn Sissay has a wonderful poem on his website called ‘Invisible Kisses’, and ‘tis just great for today.
One of the verses goes like this:

If there was ever one
Who when you achieve
Was there before the dream
And even then believed;
Who would clear the air
When it's full of loss;
Who would count love
Before the cost.

You can read the whole poem HERE on his website.

(and I did get a huge bouquet of pink and white roses this morning, and a card that said I make my husband swoon… go figure.)

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh V, that poem is one of my all time favourites. The best love poem ever. I love the way the rhythm changes in the last two stanzas like those early heady days of love. Fabulous.

Vanessa Gebbie said...

It is gorgeous, Lauri! Glad to share it again for thee, me dear.