Wednesday 19 March 2008

BOOK LAUNCH...THE SEQUEL

And now, the slide show (if I've mastered the technology!)




A selection of images taken by photographer Cora Malinak at the launch party for Words From A Glass Bubble, March 11th. Friends, family, place, people, books, pictures, and a lot of smiles.

Put your speakers on: the music is the Allegro from Handel's Cuckoo and Nightingale Organ Concerto

Handel makes an appearance in the slide show...in terracotta.
.

CLICK HERE FOR CORA MALINAK PHOTOGRAPHY

.

5 comments:

Group 8 said...

My 5 year old just said 'That's my favourite song!!' re the Handel music.
Beautiful, Vanessa. It all looks so posh! Lovely memories for you, I'm sure.

Vanessa Gebbie said...

It was! It was very posh! And me, I can't resist having a laugh... I hope you liked the pics of me copying the gentleman in the painting right above the podium where I was reading.

A brilliant evening, in a brilliant place.

Glad the music went down OK. Tell her/him.. if you listen carefully you can hear a cuckoo...



v

Nik Perring said...

Tres glam place! Looks like you had a splendid time.

Nik

Tania Hershman said...

It was splendid, just as wonderful as it looks! Great pics.

T

Vanessa Gebbie said...

T, where were you when the camera was flashing? I have one of a blurry you in the distance... at least I know you were there!

Hi Nik

It is a wonderful room...v grand, but the museum isn't stuffy in the slightest!