Sunday 30 March 2008

Books in the post!

We came home from a week in Switzerland yesterday, to the usual pile of post... among them three books:

The Searching Glance, by fellow Salt author, Linda Cracknell, sent to me and signed by Linda... we swapped our books!

Taking off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, selected poems by Billy Collins ("one of my favourite poets in the world"...Carol Ann Duffy) sent to me by Sue Booth-Forbes at Anam Cara Writers and Artists Retreat. Billy Collins is a great friend of hers. Signed in 2002, I opened the book at a poignant poem entitled Embrace, in which he uses that parlour trick of putting your arms round yourself.

Tattoo:Tatu, poems by Nuala ni Chonchuir, with a lovely note inside
"wishing you ink that flows..."

(oh how I need that wish at the moment!)

Each poem is printed in English and Irish, it looks beautiful. I wish I could hear it.
I opened it at a poem entitled Enclosed. Stunning. A beautiful book.

No comments: