Tuesday 8 April 2008

Displacement activity...

To get away from all this stress, I have been seeking the company of other writers.

Today I had coffee with journalist Angela Wigglesworth, who wrote travel features for years and books on islands. We talked for ages about travel, about The Antarctic (where C and I are going in January) and about The Society of Sussex Authors. (I forgot to pay my dues... oops!)

(If anyone needs an excellent B and B in my area, just shout and I will give you her number... her garden looks up to Lewes Castle, and she does breakfasts in the garden on warm days...)

Then I met another writer, Jo, for lunch, and talked about the course she is embarking on courtesy of the Open University. That's a thought... but I don't think I would have the impetus, really.

Tomorrow, up to London to meet the brilliant Sue Guiney near Victoria. I want to find out all about her forthcoming novel. Watch this space.

Then I'm meeting a writer from last autumn's Arvon course... playing catch-up.

Might edit on the train.

No comments: