Wednesday 30 April 2008

This is where I find out the names of the winners of the Fish One Page Prize... from the Fish website, published today.

and the titles and authors are:


WINNER


WE WILL GO ON AHEAD AND WAIT FOR YOU by MICHAEL LOGAN - GLASGOW, SCOTLAND




RUNNERS-UP:

MY NAME IS FOR MY FRIENDS - KEVEN SCHNADIG, NEW YORK, USA

THE BASKET - NICK HODGKINSON, BRISTOL, ENGLAND

MILK RUN - BRUCE STIRLING, CONNECTICUT, USA

THE BUSTERS - FIONA RITCHIE WALKER, BLAYDON, ENGLAND

THE THEME FROM (LOVE STORY) - KURT ACKERMANN, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA

BLEAR - ALAN MURPHY, DUBLIN, IRELAND


I was fascinated to see who the writers were. And am nodding to myself about the maleness of the crew. I know Fiona Ritchie Walker's name. I just looked up the winner. He's a journalist with short fiction credits already. One to watch?

And I'm delighted at the geographic spread!! Wheee.

1 Scotland,
1 Ireland
2 England
2 USA
1 South Africa


Good old Fish. A truly international competition with truly international winners.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"And am nodding to myself about the maleness of the crew."

That seems a strange thing to say. Nodding to yourself because it confirms something that you think?

Brian G Ross said...

I saw the name of my entry on the long list.

Oh well, gotta start somewhere, eh?

...but yeah, I do have maleness in my favour I guess.

:o)

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Hmmm. I did wonder...